Homemade Blackberry Vanilla Mint Soda
When the weather gets warmer, we turn to a nice refreshing drink to cool us down and quench that thirst.
And since I am a mom-to-be, I have been looking for more non-alcoholic summer drinks that I can enjoy!
And.. let me tell you, this is GREAT ONE!
I make it all the time and it is so delicious! It will be a summer staple for me forever.
Blackberry Vanilla Mint Soda Recipe
Sounds intriguing right?
That’s what I thought, and boy was I right – It’s bubbly, aromatic, and so refreshing!
And the recipe is super simple.
Without further ado…
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup honey (I prefer honey, but you can use whatever sweetener you like best)
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 5 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Seltzer water
How to Make it:
- Take a small saucepan and set it over medium heat. Combine the water, honey, mint leaves and your fresh raspberries.
- Heat for about 5 minutes – until the mixture is bubbling and the honey has dissolved.
- Stir and cook for about another 5 minutes, until the blackberries have cooked down into the mixture.
- Take a fine, mesh strainer/colander over a bowl and strain the mixture by pressing down on the pulp to squeeze out the juice.
- Add the lemon juice and vanilla extract, and let this chill in the refrigerator for an hour in an airtight container.
- Once it has chilled, fill a glass with some ice, and add 2-3 tbsp of the delicious blackberry syrup and about 1 cup of seltzer.
Note: You can store this syrup in an airtight container in your refrigerator for about 2-3 weeks!