Deep Cleansing Lemon Hair Scrub
Face scrubs are all the craze and they are great for us – but what about our hair and scalp?
We should be showing our hair and scalp the same love as our skin.
Of course, we all want nourished and healthy hair.
And there are plenty of foods we can eat to help give our hair the nourishment it desires…
But just like our face, we can also add in a nice pampering scrub every now and then.
This is an at-home hair scrub your hair will absolutely LOVE!
The complimenting ingredients will work as a powerful exfoliator and help shed any skin and lose any oil that may be clogging your hair follicles while also hydrating the scalp.
It contains just sea salt, lemon juice, and olive oil. Only 3 ingredients but AMPLE nutrition!
Okay, let’s get started!
Here’s what you need to grab:
- 2 tbsp of sea salt — Salt helps loosen and remove existing flakes while stimulating circulation for a healthy scalp. It also absorbs excess oil and moisture to help prevent fungal growth and lessen the chances of dandruff.
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice — Lemon juice can cleanse the scalp and hair follicles, while restoring healthy pH levels, and removing build-up of hair products, oils, and pollutants.
- 2 tbsp of olive oil — Olive oil is loaded with vitamins A and E which help fight free radicals that can trigger hair loss.
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl
- Apply the mixture to damp hair while massaging it into the scalp
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes to let it soak in well
- Rinse well with warm water and continue to shampoo and condition as usual
And there you have it!
A super simple but powerful DIY hair scrub that will leave your scalp feeling the love it deserves!