I love bath bombs!
They are such a great way to make baths more invigorating. So many scent options too!
Homemade bath bombs are such an easy treat that you can enjoy yourself or make as a great gift!
And the best part is that they are made from common, budget-friendly ingredients most of which you probably already have at home!
You will need:
- ½ cup Corn starch
- ½ cup Citric acid
- ½ cup Epsom salt
- 1 cup Baking soda
- 1 tsp Mica powdered soap dye (optional- this can help give the bombs a fun color but is not needed)
- 1 tbsp. dried Orange peel
- 10 drops Orange essential oil (Orange essential oil can be used for a range of reasons such as lifting mood and reducing stress or just to add a fresh, citrusy aroma to a room. It also has studies showing that it can help with pain relief, anxiety, and much more!)
- 2 ½ tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. water
- 5 Bath Bomb Molds
How To Make Your Own Bath Bombs:
Note: Measure out all of your ingredients. Choose what color mica powder you would like to add to your bath bombs (if any), which essential oils you would like, and if you want to add any dried ingredients such as orange peel or dried lavender. For this recipe – we are using Orange but feel free to experiment or use anything you want!
- In a large bowl, combine corn starch, citric acid, Epsom salt, baking soda, mica powder (optional), and dried orange peel. Whisk to mix completely.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together coconut oil, essential oil, and water.
- Very slowly add the oil mixture to the dry ingredients. (Pouring slowly helps make sure the mixture fizzes as little as possible).
- Mix together until it looks similar to wet sand and everything is fully added.
- Transfer the bath bomb mixture into bath bomb molds, making sure to press the mixture tightly into each mold half. Overfill just a bit to ensure that the two pieces stick together when pressed together. Press the mold pieces together and twist until closed.
- Allow the bath bombs to dry for at least 24 hours.
- To remove the bath bombs from the molds, tap the outside of the mold gently and twist each side of the mold and pull apart to remove the bath bomb.
- Store bath bombs in an airtight container or wrap in plastic wrap. They can be stored for up to 6 months.
- To use the bath bomb, simply drop it in water and watch it fizz and dissolve. Let the aromas fill the bathroom and fill your tub with an aromatic scent that will leave you feeling relaxed!
Make some for yourself and gift a few!
The holidays will be here before you know it!